Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lisa Jackson, Straight to the Heart of Your Town

If you’ve had a chance to check out the Lisa Jackson Facebook app, (and if you haven't you should!) you’ve seen the contest:  “BRING LISA TO YOUR TOWN.”  My publisher's idea, it’s a launch party for YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW, and I'll be celebrating with all of the fans from the winning city. Anyone in the U.S. is encourage to vote as many times as they'd like until the end of June. Oh, and make sure to share with friends in your area, so that on August 7th, when the book is officially on sale, we can all celebrate together! I'll be in your town, signing books and handing out prizes, and mingling with everyone who voted me to your town. It should be lots of fun and I’m looking forward to the trip.  


Another fun fact that makes this celebration all the more special, and this is just a coincidence, but August 7th was my mother’s birthday, as well as her mother’s  birthday.  In the book SHIVER, the heroine, Abby, was born on the same day as her mother, Faith Chastain, who is, to this day, one of my favorite characters.  That connection was inspired by my mom’s birthday with her mother.  So, I’m glad to celebrate their birthdays as well.  My mother would have been 88, this August 7th and my grandmother 114!  I think we should all celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment