Monday, December 19, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like.....

I've always been a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas. When my boys were young we would got out as a family on the hunt for the perfect Christmas tree, chop it down ourselves, haul it home and decorate it. This signaled the beginning of Christmas in our house.

Once my boys were older and out of the house, I realized pre-lit and fake-o were two new words I had to add to my vocabulary. Going out, chopping down, and hauling home a Christmas tree by myself was too cumbersome, not to mention, not quite as much fun! And that was as far as I was going, my tree might be a poser, but at least from a distance, it looked natural.


At 60, I realized I might not have a plethora of Christmases in my future, so I thought why not get something fun?  Something funky?  Why not do an un-traditional Christmas.  But pink? Could I really be that UN-traditional?

So I started looking for pink trees and the first one I found online was $549.00.  I gasped.  No way would I pay that much for probably a one shot deal.  Fortunately a very practical friend of mine suggested a big box store and sure enough, I found my gem of a tree for $20.00.  (Even cheaper than my original budget of $75.00) and it came prelit (pink wire) with its own little stand.  It’s only 3 and a half feet, perfect to keep away from my grandson.  So here we go—non traditional, funky Christmas! Let the good times roll.

And Happy Holidays to everyone, traditional or non, pink-tree-loving or real tree go-getters, and everyone in between!

1 comment:

  1. I think the tree is pretty! I actually wanted a pink one for my bedroom, hubby wasn't going for that though. Christmas is coming fast! I hope you enjoy your Christmas!

    ReplyDelete